.NET Developer – C# ASP REST APIs – Global Music Publisher
Competitive + bonus + package
London or Bury St. Edmunds
We are one of the world’s leading independent music publishing companies with offices worldwide. Successful in many music related fields including rights, copyright ownership and promotion, printed music, book publishing, music retailing, e-commerce and digital publishing.
Why this role is key to our business
We are looking for an experienced back-end developer to initially join our e-commerce team. The team has responsibility for the next generation of the Group’s flagship, award-winning e-commerce site. This is a key hire as part of a new initiative to restructure the team to industry standards, with a greater emphasis on specialists taking ownership of specific areas of the project.
It is not unusual to find employees with 20 years’ service or more, and the company is renowned in the industry for being a great place to work. The vision for this role is to enhance the team with specialist IT skills and contemporary practices, whilst still retaining the existing culture of the business.
Position in Organization
The role reports into the team’s Lead Developer and will have a matrixed relationship with the team’s Project and Product Managers. The successful applicant will work closely with other specialist members of the team including designer, developers, DBAs and tester.
The company undertake a wide range of global IT initiatives, from websites and apps to rights management systems and infrastructure. The role is varied, and requires:
- Ownership of back-end development tasks, initially for our eCommerce project but gradually encompassing other initiatives
- First and foremost someone who is hands-on and enjoys coding to the highest standards, working cohesively within an integrated development team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to cover for any related tasks as well as consideration of commercial issues
Minimum 5 years’ demonstrable experience of hands on commercial back-end development covering the following areas:
- High-availablility, high-volume CMS and e-Commerce websites
- Agile practices
Excellence in the following areas:
- C# / .NET
- NET MVC / Razor
- Web API / RESTful APIs
- EPI (desirable but not essential)
- Jira or other issue management tool
Clear understanding (not skills) of most of the following technologies in a high availability environment:
- Relational Databases
- Continuous integration and delivery
- DevOps processes
- Virtual Machines
- High availability and Cloud strategies
- Networking, Security and Identity
- Product development
Nice to have……..
Experience of Visual Studio 2012+, GIT, A/B & Multi-variant testing, continuous delivery, Computer Science or Science degree.
Bonus skills: Enterprise patterns, SOA, messaging, service bus, DDD, CQRS, SOLID principles, GoF Design patterns
Personal Attributes and Other Requirements
Excellent communication and collaboration skills, able to work to tight deadlines.
Please do not apply if you cannot answer yes to the following questions. Music related skills are not a substitute for any of the role requirements:
- Do you have a minimum 5 years’ experience as detailed in “Experience” section above, capable of being backed up by references?
- If requested, can you provide 3 substantial and successful examples of relevant projects that you have worked on?
- Are you comfortable being tested on your skills
- Are you comfortable discussing in detail the areas listed in the “Knowledge” section above.
No agency applications accepted
- A minimum 5 years’ experience as detailed in “Experience” section above, capable of being backed up by references?
- Essential Skills section of JD
- Substantial number of engagements of 2 years’ duration or more. 5 years’ total required in relevant areas.