All rights including copyright in the content of these Music Sales web pages including all Web site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software compilations, underlying source code, software (including applets) and all other material on this Web site are owned or controlled by Music Sales Limited and its affiliates, or their content and technology providers. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print in hard copy portions of this Web site for the sole purpose of using this Web site for individual non-commercial use. Any other use of materials on this Web site including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, broadcasting, downloading, storage or playing in public, modification, distribution or republication without the prior written permission of Music Sales is strictly prohibited.
Product and company names mentioned on this Web site may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this site (“the Site”) is provided by Music Sales Limited (“MSL”) subject to the following terms:
1. By using the Site you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the Site. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use the Site.
2. MSL may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by MSL. Your continued use of the Site after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
Use of the Site
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use the Site content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Site content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Site content requires the prior written permission of the MSL.
4. You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the Site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the Site.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
5. The Site content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to MSL, its products and services (or to third party products and services) is provided "AS IS" and on an "IS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
6. MSL will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of the Site.
7. MSL does not warrant that functions contained in the Site content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
8. The names, images and logos identifying the MSL or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of MSL and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the MSL, or any other third party.
Contributions to the Site
10. Further to paragraph 9, by submitting your contribution to the Site, you:
10.1 warrant that your contribution:
10.1.1 is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to MSL for all the purposes specified above;
10.1.2 is not defamatory; and
10.1.3 does not infringe any law; and
10.2 indemnify MSL against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by MSL as a result of your breach of the above warranty; and
10.3 waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above. House Rules for the Site Communities 11. You agree to use the Site Communities (including Message Boards) if introduced in accordance with the following House Rules:
About your posts:
(i) Contributions must be civil and tasteful;
(ii) No rude or abusive behaviour (flaming or trolling). Postings must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or posted with the intention of causing trouble;
(iii) Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable;
(iv) Be patient - users of all ages and abilities may be taking part in the relevant the Site community;
(v) No spamming - don't cross post your messages to more than one discussion;
(vi) No advertising;
(vii) Posts containing languages other than English may be removed unless allowed in the local house rules;
(viii) No impersonation. Adopting an inappropriate user name (one that is vulgar, offensive, etc.) is also unacceptable;
(ix) You may not post your email address unless allowed under the local house rules;
(x) You may not refer to specific URLs (web site addresses) unless allowed under the local house rules. If you know of a worthy web site relevant to the discussion topic, please go to the Web Guide and recommend it by email if it's not already listed.
About the law:
(i) You may not post any defamatory or illegal material of any nature in the Site Communities. This includes text, graphics, video, programs or audio. Posting a message with the intention of committing an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
(ii) You agree to only post materials to which you have the copyright or other permission to distribute electronically. You may not violate, plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal or proprietary rights.
If you're under 16:
(i) Please get your parents' permission before taking part in any the Site discussion.
(ii) Never reveal any personal information about yourself (for example, your telephone number, home address or email address).
If you fail to abide by these terms (including the house rules at this paragraph 11 above), you will be formally warned by email. This warning may also include a temporary suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the Site Community areas.
If after this warning you continue to breach these terms, you will be prohibited from using the Site Communities for an extended period of time.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to the Site Communities and MSL considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, MSL may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements. This can include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the infringement/s.
MSL reserves the right to delete any posting, at any time, for any reason.
12. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific terms appearing elsewhere on MSL (including local house rules) then the latter shall prevail.
13. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.